Terms of Hire
Candy Floss Queen requires a £30 ‘booking fee’ in order to confirm a booking on submission of the booking form. This is non-refundable and required to book us for your event. The balance is due no later than 21 days prior to the date of the event, and can be paid by cash, cheque or bank transfer. Cheques should be made payable to H Leak. There will be a £35 fee charged for all returned cheques.
This agreement can only be cancelled in writing, by either the Client or Candy Floss Queen.
Booking Fee is not refundable however it can be transferred to a rescheduled date / time subject to availability, Should this occur we will do our very best to accommodate, but we cannot guarantee this as we may be fully booked for your rescheduled date.
Unlimited Candy Floss
Your booking allows for unlimited candy floss for the term of hire. We are able to spin approximately 40 units of candy floss per hour. So for example a 2 hour hire you can expect approximately 80 units to be spun
The candy floss machine requires a ‘cool down’ period of a few minutes after every hour of use, this does not affect your hire time. Set up and removal doesn't affect your hire time.
Extra Hire Time
If you require extra hire time during the booking this is available at £30 an hour payable at the time of event in cash providing we have enough candy floss sugar and cones/sticks to comply with the request .
The client should provide:-
- An indoors area to set up, we require roughly 2 meters square.
- If the set up area is not on the ground floor the client may be asked to provide an adult person to assist in the setting up and packing away of all equipment.
- The client is responsible for ensuring that there is at least one working and tested 240 volt power supply within 10 metres of the desired set-up area that adheres to contemporary safety standards and supplies at least 13 amps.
- Once the equipment has been set up in the required location, it cannot be moved during the event.
- Only the Candy Floss Queen staff may operate the candy floss machine.
- Should guests become unruly and considered by the operator to be a risk either to themselves, other guests or your hired goods, we reserve the right to dismantle the equipment and leave the premises. No refund will be given from Candy Floss Queen.
We carry a £2 Million Public Liability Insurance (Candy Floss Queen providing service only) which covers us for staff negligence and equipment fault subject to the Terms and Conditions
Public liability insurance (Candy Floss Queen providing service) is excluded in its entirety following any claim or injury to any third party or employee whether directly or indirectly related to the use of drugs and/or alcohol.
In the event of an accident occurring, full written details must be recorded including, name and address of injured party, circumstances of accident, date and place of incident and a copy of the report to be sent to Candy Floss Queen.
Candy Floss Queen shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage directly or consequently arising out of the use or inability to use any of the hire, whether used singularly or in conjunction with any other equipment. Customer(s) will indemnify Candy Floss Queen against, and not hold Candy Floss Queen responsible for all claims, actions, proceedings, costs, damages and liabilities, including legal fees, arising out of, connected with, or resulting from the rental or use of the hire. The client’s signature on the agreement/booking form is legally binding whether transmitted by mail or email.
Client accepts full responsibility and is liable for any damages, injuries or delays that occur as a result of failure to comply with these provisions.
Force Majeure Event
A "Force Majeure Event" occurs where a party is unable to comply with its obligations under this Contract for a reason outside of its control (such as war, fire, death, mechanical failure, illness or other capacity certified by a properly qualified medical practitioner, epidemic, accident, civil commotion, national calamity, order of Government or Local Authority having jurisdiction in the matter, changes in law, foreign government policy, act of God) and which is not attributable to any act or failure to take preventive action by Candy Floss Queen or Client.
- The client is solely responsible for any claim for any spillages on any items of clothing, furniture, carpet or anything else caused by others.
- Candy Floss Queen does not accept responsibility for any circumstances out of our direct control which prevent the use of your hire, such as power failure, flooding etc.
- Candy Floss Queen is not liable for any injury, loss or damage directly or consequently arising from the use of your hired services if missed used by yourself or your guests ,whether used singularly or in conjunction with any other equipment.
- Breakdown, in the unlikely event that the equipment for your hire should breakdown or fail to operate correctly, Candy Floss Queen will refund the hirer 30% of the hire cost. In any event, the hirer agrees that the maximum claim that could be made in respect of loss or damage is restricted to the total cost of the hire and no more. No compensation on top of the hire cost will be payable in any event.
- Candy Floss Queen is not responsible for the late running of your event . if the delay is caused by the venue/guests/or prior event over running Should this occur we will do our best to accommodate. Due to often having several booking on one day it may not be possible to extend your booking time and the original booking time will remain causing you to lose out on service time therefore limiting the number of servings.
- Candy Floss Queen cannot be held responsible for some circumstances that may prevent us from attending your event; these may include severe weather conditions, traffic delays. In the case that we cannot attend or fulfil your hire due to events beyond our control we will contact you or the venue as soon as possible. In these instances our liability will be limited to refunding all of monies paid.
- Whilst we make every effort to obtain your first choice of colours/flavours if for any reason we are unable to fulfill your choice due to supply not being available, we will substitute with another choice available.